Boat On The Green

A lost river

The boat is a link to Eastoft past in a modern way.

History

The River Don used to run directly through the middle of the village, on its route to its confluence with the River Trent near Adlingfleet. However, in 1626, Cornelius Vermuyden began the drainage of Hatfield Chase, and re-routed the river northwards from Stainforth to join the River Aire

Video

Check out this great video of the Boat Launch in the middle of Eastoft Village.